Thursday, April 13, 2006

Strength-Based Clinical Supervision

Just a quick note to let you know I'm still alive. My theory is that once the semester is over I will have time to leave more posts. Key word - Theory. I make no promises!!

In the meantime, I'm currently working on my thesis proposal which is focused on the use of strength-based supervision in clinical settings. Having had some very valuable experiences as well as some, well... less than valuable experiences in supervision, I was drawn to the idea of fleshing out my own thoughts about what makes the process succeed or fail.

While I'm working away on that, here are a couple links to articles on said topic, in case you have interest. If you check them out, let me know what you think.

Edwards & Chen, Strength-Based Wu-Wei Supervision

Dunn, Navigating Ethical responsibility in Psychotherapy Supervision Using a Strength-Based Roadmap

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Looking forward to you posting more often.

12:25 PM  
Blogger dulcimist said...

Hey Stef, Can't go wrong with that all-star duo, eh?

If I get a chance, I'll post a summary of my thesis proposal. I just turned it in tonight. (woohoo!!)

Hopefully, this means I'll be posting more, Deb. I reiterate... no promises.

Thanks for checking in.
-Andy

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, that article is one of the best...when is he coming out with a book? And why don't you two pair up and do a workshop or two?

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Margaret Swader said...

I find it hard to understand your topic at all. Well, I think I just need to read the paper to understand it. And I hope you published the paper online for me to have the opportunity to read the outcome of your thesis proposal. Anyway, sources from the internet are now being really valuable just like book. 

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home